Meer hulp Bel gratis en anoniem 0800 - 0432 of chat
Meer hulp




Denied residency after trying all avenues

You have been denied residency after trying all avenues and are no longer insured. If you get ill, you can still go to hospital. People without a residence permit still have the right to medically necessary care. Watch out: What is medically necessary care? This is care you get when your life is in danger, but also help for headache that you’ve had for weeks or for your arm that has been hurting for a long time. It’s all care you need to feel better again. This is laid down in article 10 of the Immigration Law. Danger of life

To the hospital quickly

If your life is in danger, then go to the hospital quickly. You can go to any hospital. Go to the emergency department. The emergency department can get part of the costs back, even if you are not insured. 
Not urgent

Still important

If you need surgery or a medical treatment and it’s not really urgent (see emergency help) but it’s still very important in order to get better. Previously you could go to a hospital that has arrangements with the National Health Care Institute Netherlands. Only these hospitals can get a large amount of their costs back. And will therefore want to help you. Look on where you can find more information. These hospitals are connected to the National Health Care Institute Netherlands.

Dezelfde regel voor medicijnen

Do you use medicine and have you been denied residency after trying all avenues? This arrangement is also for medicine. You get the medicine from the pharmacist. Not just any pharmacist, but one with a contract with National Health Care Institute Netherlands. You can only go to these pharmacies.
Mental help

Do you require mental help?

Do you need a psychiatrist or a psychologist? Or hospitalisation in a clinic? You can then only go to institutes that are members of National Health Care Institute Netherlands.
General practitioner and obstetrician

Choose yourself

Would you like to go to a general practitioner? Is help required for a pregnancy or birth? You can choose the general practitioner or the obstetrician yourself. They can always get a large amount of the costs back. This is possible at the National Health Care Institute Netherlands.
No money for the invoice

If you have no money

You can’t pay the bill yourself? The doctor or hospital will ask this. Sometimes they send you an invoice. They can also ask your parents to pay a small amount every month, for instance €10 a month.  What can you do if you have no money? You can return the invoice. Say you can’t pay for it. Many people without a residence permit have no money. They aren’t allowed to work and they don’t get any money from the government. Still they sometimes go to the doctor, pharmacist or hospital. They can get almost all costs back. This is possible at the Dutch Healthcare Insurance Board (CVZ). The doctor, pharmacist or hospital fills in a form and sends it to the CVZ. Read more about payment of costs by the CVZ. Read more about health care for children without a residence permit.

Voor en over kinderen in asielzoekerscentra

De Kindertelefoon is er voor alle kinderen en jongeren van 8-18 jaar die in vertrouwen willen praten. Je kunt met ons bellen en chatten of een bericht plaatsen op de website.

Als je met ons belt of chat, praat je met een speciaal getrainde Kindertelefoon-medewerker. Zij luisteren naar je. Op deze website kun je ook een bericht posten of zelf reageren op andere kinderen en jongeren.

Chat of bel 0800-0432 (gratis & anoniem)
Dagelijks van 11.00-21.00 uur