After the age of 18
You have the right to education until you are 18. This is mentioned in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Did you start before turning 18? Then you are allowed to finish your studies. You have the right to a diploma. Important rules
- If you are 18 or older, you may refuse school.
- If you already started before turning 18, then you are allowed to complete the study.
- This rule also applies if you move. If you need to move while studying, then you are allowed to finish the study in your new place of residence.
- If you have to do work placement for your study, then this is allowed. Also if you are older than 18.
- From the age of 18 you do have to pay tuition fees to your school or university. Read under 'Money for school' what you can do if you don’t have any money.